Specialist Councils

Specialist Councils allow NTA members sharing the same disciplines or interests to:

  • Provide a communication link among members so that topics of common concern can be addressed
  • Assist in the professional development of Council members through communication and the provision of professional experiences
  • Provide leadership in specific areas of education by making representation to the Association, to the Department of Education and to other educational agencies on behalf of the Specialist Council Membership
  • Address any welfare or social issues with direct relevance to student learning
  • Establish affiliations with provincial, national, regional and or North American counterpart organizations.  This would include participation at workshops and meetings.

In order to become an NTA Specialist Council, there are initially two steps:

  1. Apply for NTA Specialist Council Status by submitting the application to the NTA President:
  2. Apply for PDC Specialist Council Status and funding by submitting the application to your PD Coordinator:

Both the NTA Specialist Council Status and the PDC Specialist Council Status must be renewed annually.

For more details on NTA Specialist Council Status, see the NTA Bylaw & Policy Book.

For more details on PDC Specialist Council Status, see the Professional Development Policy Book.

Scroll to Top